Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mama I'm in love with a criminal/THERE'S A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING.

I'm a criminal. 
Last night I made the worst decision of my life. I shoplifted and got caught and subsequently arrested. 
It was an out of body expierence. I begged the man at the store not to call the police, I explained that I'm recovering from cancer and have next to no money thanks to my medical bills and only stole out of necessity and that it didn't excuse my actions but he wasn't hearing any of it. 
He called the state troopers. Luckily the trooper who arrested me was ridiculously nice and understanding. He even said to me, before he cuffed me "you're not going to pose a threat, I can tell you're a good person, so I'll cuff you in front." 
But now my world has spiraled out of control and I have no one to blame but myself. 
My job was alerted to the arrest and now I'm on unpaid administrative leave pending the outcome of the case and once again I've become a burden to my family. 
Luckily we have a lawyer and he thinks he can get it reduced to disorderly conduct but my job will most likely fire me. Something I'm starting to become use to. 
Honestly is a mistake in so many ways. I get a call from one of the higher ups that he got the alert. I was completely honest but now because one of the things I stole was medication for my allergies I can't afford they're questioning if I'd steal from the adult with disabilities I work with if I needed medication that badly. 
Don't they think if I were going to do that I would have?  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment