Sunday, November 3, 2013

Football- America's favorite shove it down your throat pass time

Welcome to the time of the year where I avoid my Facebook and twitter like the plague or sharing my eos with someone who has visible coldsores. 
I'm not aware of when the football season actually beings but I'm pretty sure it wasn't too long ago and I'm already sick of it. It's everywhere. People feverishly typing they're thumbs off to update their Facebook when something on the same game everyone else is watching and has already seen happy and then when the game is finally over you get flooded with all proclamations that their team won or the status updates more dramatic than a drag queen when he loses his eyelash glue about how their team lost and how their team was robbed. 
Let me say I gave football a chance more than once but it's annoying. It should be called "pass the ball, drop it, smack your  "non-homosexual" teammates on the ass while some group of men stop the game to look at 20 seconds of replay for 20 minutes".
It's a complete mystery to me why so many people are glued to their TVs for hours watching grown men start and stop and start and stop and start and stop and start and stop and just when you think they might play for more than 30 seconds they stop again. 
Perhaps if I could just be blissfully unaware that it was happening at all I wouldn't want to slap everyone I see wearing a jersey or frantically updating their Facebook. But it's everywhere you turn. 
The only gem of this entire dog and pony show that really shouldn't qualify as a sport in my opinion as even an elderly man with a walker and an oxygen tank trailin behind him could keep up the pace is the half time show which sadly this year I have absolutely no interest in. They decided to not go for a big current star this year so the NFL won't even get that 12 minutes of my attention. 

In other news- back to the salt mines tomorrow. I'd love to say I've enjoyed this "vacation" but t wasn't one. I'm ready to go back to work and if I see another packing box, packing tape, or jumbo sized sharpie it will be too soon. I will miss doing shots at 11am...
This will be the last week in my childhood home. That's right. I've been living in the same house my entire life. 
I thought I'd be more emotionally affected but I'm not. Maybe I will be when we leave the house for good but I've been ready for a change for a long time. So much has happened in this house both good and bad, happy and sad but it's this town that I was done with since I was 12 years old. 
I will say I'll miss the oasis that my attict apartment has been but moving into a bigger house away from Clifton park with its mass populous of fake people spending beyond their means to keep a gaudy status and image and getting rid of so much clutter that I was drowning in it will be worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment