Thursday, November 7, 2013

"was always told to be a cook in the kitchen, a lady in the parlor and a whore in the bedroom.”

Well we're finally in the new house. I love it but between having to stay late for work until 12:30 and coming to our new home with things that should've been put in my room put in my entertainment room instead and vice versa, my mattress on the floor bare and only one lamp and then discovering the new bed in a bag I bought wasn't a bed in a bag but a comforter, some pillows and a bed skirt with I don't even need sense I always have my bed directly on the floor I just cried.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE our new home it was just awful I had no time to make my room feel like my room. 
I stayed up until 4am because I've made myself dependent on falling asleep to movies and I had to assemble the entertainment stand, plug in my new DVD/VHS player which is bliss and my new tv which is the nicest tv I've ever had but not one of those gaudy ones that takes up the entire room and requires a mortgage to own. 
I honestly can't even remember what movie I fell asleep to. I purchased both seasons of two broke girls even though I've seen them because that show rates high on my "I'm going to pee" scale. I watched that for a bit. Pretty sure I put in an actual movie, took 4 shots of vodka and passed out.
I got up early enough to set up my room in some fashion. Hung up photography and two pieces of art that were my grandmother's that I just love. Set up my desk, assembled a cabinet of sorts for my records and got to unpack them. Set up my bathroom a bit. 
Today's my last day of work for the week so hopefully I'll be able to get more accomplished. 
FINALLY got my hands on a copy of my beloved Melissa Gorga's book "Love, Italian style". I love it. It's about her marriage and although no ones put a ring on it yet I'm taking her advice. Look at the man she scored! 
After I finish Melissa Gorga's book it's on to Melissa Joan Hart's book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment