Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Christmas toy

The Christmas toy. Quite possibly my most favorite Christmas movie of all time. I found it on dvd after years of having not seen it. And it let me go back to that magical place and time where Christmas time seemed like there was magic everywhere. It inspired me to get out one of 2 toys I still have from my childhood that was my Christmas toy (if you watch the movie the favorite Christmas toy is called the Christmas toy).  I can still remember writing down this toy at the very top of my Christmas list. He was all I wanted from the time I saw the commercial. My christmas toy was a stuffed dog named Scamps. Perhaps if you're of my generation you'll remember him. He's a cuddly (and at this point well loved and not so fluffy) stuffed Grey and white dog. But that wasn't all. He was special. He came with this contraption that was sort of like a cane but a leash and you'd slide Scamps onto the cane/leash and when you pushed it he'd walk, flop up and down and squeak. I still remember the girl in the commercial snuggling with him at night. And that's exactly what I did for years. 
Scamps will always be one of my happiest moments. Unwrapping the paper and knowing Santa listened and I had this wonderful toy that still has his magic today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment