Saturday, December 7, 2013

Alien

Well my job, the ARC, where I was ttaking care of one adult with disabilities decided to let me go. I was beyond shocked. It was as if someone had squeezed all the air out of my lungs and flipped my stomach inside out while simultaneously pulling it through my rectum. 
Regardless of the judge's ruling the ARC decided there was still some degree of risk that I would take something from the gentlemen I work with because I was accused of but not charged with or found guilty of petty larceny. And regardless of the fact that there wasn't so much as penny missing from his money, a pill out of place, in fact if anything I gave him so many things. 
I'm technically not "fired", they continued my unpaid administrative leave for 6 more months. Probably as a shrewd attempt to try and prevent me from collecting unemployment but I know I'll be able to and hopefully I won't even need to cross that bridge. 
Will I go back in 6 months?  Most likely not. I don't function well with hypocrisy, especially when it's so flagrant. I should have just stayed in daycare. Same results as so many schools I 
Worked at. 
I said to the second highest superior who was totally in my corner and advocated for me that I just can't wrap my mind around the decision for the mere fact that all the work I've done with the gentleman I've worked with will be unraveled and I won't even be able to let him know it wasn't my decision to not work with him anymore. 
But I'm moving on. My passion has always been working with children and perhaps this was the universe's way of telling me it's time to move on. To move back to what is my passion and my truth

No comments:

Post a Comment