Tuesday, September 24, 2013

There's no place like home










Today we had the inspection of the house we're about to move into. I can't decipher anything they've said is good or bad because the terminology is beyond me but I am beyond excited.
I will have the entire second floor to myself. My room, pictured above in addition to some other photos, is two room in one. There is no partician except an almost frame of crown molding. And there is no carpet which is a dream. I foresee investments in several swifter products.
In addition to my Tiffany blue room there is another room I will be utilizing as an entertainment room. It opens up to my own deck that reminds me of Juliet's balcony.
I also finally have my own half bath. A place for all my products and toiletries. After 27 years of sharing a bathroom with four people this is as close to heaven as I can imagine.
I'm excited to leave Clifton Park behind. A place where a reminder of horrible times or horrible people are just waiting around the corner. Clifton Park has never been good to me or given me any reason to take pride in living there. Clifton Park is nothing but a cluster of judgmental drones focusing solely on their never ending quest of acquiring more and more items that will scream their social status.
I was a bit worried when this whole process began that I'd lose the feeling of sanctuary I have now in my attict apartment but this house already feels like home.
Packing has been surreal. No matter how much I get rid of or pack it continues to looks as though I've accomplished nothing. I guess that's the price you pay for living in the same home your whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment