Thursday, November 13, 2014

At the end of the day...or the begining


This quote from Demi Lovato is something I struggle with constantly. It's definitely one of those day to day struggles.
Yes I can be happy. This I know I'm capable of. But in spite of what other people think is a goal I seldom achieve.
It's difficult to be happy with yourself when there are others around you who disapprove of you completely, especially those you're forced to be with on an almost daily basis.
It's a goal I'm working on.
I work with children and see how naturally this skill comes to them but then I wonder if it's just the blissfully naivety of youth that enables them to not even consider what the person across from them is thinking.
Just another gem social anxiety has to offer.
I have a long day ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment